Attorney Derek J. King specializes in criminal defense, juvenile delinquency, DUI, traffic, domestic violence, divorce, child custody, and restraining order matters throughout the Greater Sacramento Area. If you have been accused of a crime or are in the midst of an undesirable family situation, Derek J. King may be able to help you.
Moreover, Mr. King habitually keeps in direct contact with his clients and generally refrains from hourly billing practices. Not only will you be able to reach him directly when you call, but you will not receive unexpected legal fees or other bills in the mail; Mr. King takes a very upfront approach to solving your legal matter and will outline the scope of his services at the outset.
General Philosophy and Practices
- Low, flat rate fees for legal services.
- Direct and regular attorney/client contact.
- Thorough analysis of police reports, evidence, witness statements, and relevant procedure pertaining to your case.
- Appear on your behalf at court dates and hearings; client appearances at most misdemeanor hearings are not required by the Court, but they are highly encouraged in Family Court and mandated if you are charged with a felony.
- Negotiate plea bargains, dismissals, and settlements with the District Attorney or opposing counsel.
- Promptly inform you of all case developments.
- Take your case to trial only if necessary.
- Special appearances available for counsel of record.
- Criminal Expungements available.
DUI and Traffic Offense Experience
- Misdemeanor DUI
- Felony DUI
- Hit and Run
- Driving With A Suspended License
- Driving With An Expired License
- Failure to Stop/Stoplight/Stop Sign/Red Light Camera Violations
Restraining Order Experience
- Domestic Violence
- Civil Restraining Orders
- Elder Abuse
Family Law Experience
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Property Division
Email: [email protected]
Contact for your free 30 minute consultation.